Downtown Fort Lauderdale
City Park Mall Parking Garage
201 S.E. 2nd Ave., 6th Floor
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
The Fort Lauderdale Downtown Helistop (DT1) provides direct access to the heart of Fort Lauderdale and is the only public use facility of its kind in Florida. With its elevated helipad and panoramic views, the facility also provides an excellent location for film shoots involving helicopters. The Downtown Helistop has been featured in commercials, documentaries, TV episodes, music videos, and feature films.
The facility is 114’ above downtown Fort Lauderdale on the 6th floor of the City Park garage located at 201 SE 2nd Ave. The deck measures 14,500 square feet and can accommodate 2 helicopters with a maximum takeoff weight up to 11’900 pounds each with a maximum rotor diameter of 46’. The deck can be accessed via stairs or elevator. The facility is also equipped with a restroom and fully furnished lobby.
HELISTOP RESERVATIONS FOR FILMING
- Reservations to use the facility for filming are required 2 weeks in advance and can be made by contacting DT1 Operations at 954-828-4955.
- There is no cost to use the facility for filming aside from an hourly reimbursement for DT1 Operations personnel during non-business hours and police detail if required.
- Site visits can be arranged with DT1 Operations by calling 954-828-4955.
In order to film at any of our FXE facilities, you must:
1) Call (954) 828-4955 to request permission for filming on FXE property prior to submitting your permit application.
2) Obtain a Broward County Film permit. To learn more about the application process from Broward County, please visit http://www.sunny.org/film/
Prolonged hovering or waiting prohibited in the west landing position. Pilot(s) are responsible for the safety of the aircraft operation and any passenger(s) and/or guest(s). Smoking and littering prohibited anywhere on the facility.