FRIDAY | OCTOBER 5, 2018 | NOON TO 2P.M.
Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport Administration | 6000 N.W. 21st Avenue
|Highlights||Raffle tickets||Sponsors and Partners|
|Raffle & Prizes||Parking||Questions|
Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport is hosting Fly Pink again this year in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month to raise awareness for breast cancer prevention and help improve the lives of Fort Lauderdale Community Builders, airport tenants, and their families. Join us for the pinkest event of the year!
• 1-mile walk around FXE with Mayor Trantalis (Wellness Incentive Program participants get 25 points)
• (NEW) "Get in the Pink" costume contest
• Free lunch
• Guest speakers and educational opportunities
• (NEW) Onsite biometrics (scheduling information coming soon) and blood pressure screenings
• Free "Fly Pink" T-Shirt and other giveaways for event participants (registration by 9/21 guarantees shirt)
• Static aircraft and vehicle display and selfie station
Last year's Fly Pink Raffle for a Cure raised $1,800, which was donated to the American Cancer Society on behalf of City Community Builders and Airport tenants. We are hosting a raffle again this year with a goal of raising $3,600.
• Tickets are 1 for $3, 2 for $5, and 5 for $10.
• Raffle prizes will only be awarded to City employees and Airport tenants.
• Winners will be announced at the Fly Pink event. You do not need to be present to win.
• (NEW) Top City ticket seller award - Department gets bragging rights for a year!
• All proceeds from the raffle will be donated to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Broward County on behalf of Community Builders and Airport tenants at an upcoming Fort Lauderdale City Commission meeting.
- One-hour "hands-on" discovery flight (flight lesson) for one person in a Diamond DA-20 aircraft with an FAA certified instructor courtesy of CTI Professional Flight Training ($150 value)
- One-hour discovery flight (flight lesson) for one person in a Cessna C172 aircraft with an FAA certified instructor courtesy of Flight Center U.S. ($190 value)
- $100 gift card courtesy of Catfish Dewey's
- $25 Target and CVS gift cards
Raffle prizes will be listed here as they are received. Please make sure to check back regularly to see what you can win.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS
City Employees (Details coming soon)
Airport Tenants (Details coming soon)
Transportation from City Hall to FXE will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Details coming soon.
Carpooling is also encouraged.
(Details coming soon)
The success of this event is made possible through sponsorships and partnerships that will help the City with its goal of raising awareness for breast cancer prevention and overall wellness through education and healthier living. We'd like to thank the following sponsors/partners for their support.
There are plenty of opportunities to get involved. If interested, please click here and complete the online form.
Every successful event has behind-the-scenes helpers that make it happen. We could use a few extra hands to assist with setup, registration, ticket sales (pre/post event), breakdown, etc. If you are interested in volunteering for the Fly Pink event, please click here to complete the online form or contact Carla Foster at email@example.com or 954-828-4741 or by September 28. Please make sure to get approval from your immediate supervisor to participate .
(954) 828-4901 or firstname.lastname@example.org