City Park Mall Parking Garage
201 S.E. 2nd Ave., 6th Floor
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Reservation Line: (954) 968-9675
Other Inquiries: (954) 828-4955
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Landing Position (Final Approach Take Off, FATO): Open 24 hours
Elevator/ Pilot Lounge/ Lobby/ Meeting Area: Available with reservation
The John Fuhrer Fort Lauderdale Downtown Helistop is situated above the Central Park Mall Parking Garage in the heart of Fort Lauderdale’s dynamic downtown. The helistop offers convenient access to the City’s Central Business District and many of Broward County’s government, financial, educational and cultural attractions located in Fort Lauderdale.
The Downtown Helistop is conveniently located just three miles north of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and six miles south of Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. Miami International Airport is 25 miles to the south and easily accessible by air.
The helistop operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week with no fees to users. The lobby is available with advance reservations.
- A 14,500 square-foot elevated platform suitable for intermediate general aviation helicopters
- A landing area that accommodates a maximum landing weight of 11,900
pounds and a 46-foot rotor diameter and a dedicated parking position
- A fully furnished lobby just below the platform with a meeting room/pilot
- Access to reserved vehicular parking and convenient ground transportation
- The platform is wheelchair accessible by elevator from the lobby level
- Use of helicopter parking space is limited to four hours and reservations are required.
- Overnight helicopter parking is not permitted.
- Student pilots on solo flights are prohibited from utilizing the facility.
- I-95 to Broward Blvd. Exit; east on Broward Blvd. to Andrews Ave.;
- turn right on Andrews Ave.;
- turn left on S.E. 2nd St.; turn right on S.E. 2nd Ave.;
- turn right into parking garage ramp of the City Park Mall parking garage;
- proceed to the sixth floor Helistop lobby, east end of row 6C.